Friday, April 14

"I'm dying, I don't want to live!"

Here's a video from Kuzu, for their song "Ikiteru Koto Tte Subarashii," or "Life Is Wonderful."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbObENBAdPs

*

Rough translation of the lyrics:

Everyone is born into the world wrapped in a smile,
and crying, and feeling pain, and feeling joy, we grow up.
With tears and shining sweat and true friends, more than anything, let's learn to feel good about ourselves.

Reach your hand up to the sun, stretch yourself out, breathe in the air, and then start walking again. Let's live our lives to the fullest!

When you turn on the TV, all the news is depressing.
So, what I think is, we need to dream bigger, bigger dreams!

Reach your hand up to the sun, stretch yourself out, breathe in the air, and then start walking again. Let's live our lives to the fullest!

Life is wonderful! Life is wonderful!
"I'm dying, I don't want to live!" "I'm dying, I don't want to live!"
But we're still living! You don't have to worry! Life is wonderful! Life is wonderful!

On a more personal note, I have to say that this is one of the few "Life Is Wonderful" songs I've seen in a long time that actually--for the duration of the running time, anyway--genuinely made me feel like life really IS wonderful.