Tuesday, September 4

Chop Wizard

I'd like to make an unqualified product endorsement...I love my Vidalia Chop Wizard:

http://www.chopwizard.com

Yeah, it's basically a Veg-O-Matic, but it's more compact and easier to clean. It's a lot more convenient than using a food processor for most chopping and dicing. Plus, I love the white and kelly green color scheme.

The clear part, where the chopped food drops, is marked off in both cups and some metric voodoo, making it really easy to tell how much you've wizard chopped.

There are rubber feet on the bottom to stop skidding, which is good since you have to push pretty hard on, say, onions to get them to chop. However, the reward for that hard work is a satisfying "chonk" when the top connects with the bottom.

One drawback is that it doesn't come with a slicing insert, which seems like a curious thing to leave out. It does come with a cool little "cleaning tool" that looks like a miniature ninja weapon.

Oh, and the best part is that the Vidalia Chop Wizard logo on the top is just a clear sticker, which is easily (and in my case, instantly) removed.

In closing, the Vidalia Chop Wizard is a solid addition to the bachelor's kitchen. Now maybe I'll eat more vegetables and not be so depressed all the time about all the mistakes I've made. LOL