Sunday, October 7

Skulls Unlimited

After watching this fascinating Nature special on hippos about a week ago--Africa's most dangerous animal!--I decided that I wanted a hippo skull. Uh, in my mind the connection makes perfect sense.

The first Google result:

http://www.skullsunlimited.com/hippopotamidae.htm


This teaches me two things:

1. Hippo skulls are expensive. Which in retrospect I guess I should have known. I mean, what was I expecting, twenty bucks?

2. Someone already has skullsunlimited.com, which, even though the phrase had never occurred to me and I'd never run across it before, and is in fact essentially meaningless for any purpose other than running a skull-selling business whose inventory could colloquially said to be unlimited, this fact nevertheless fills me with a Proustian sense of loss. O to mourn something I never knew I had lost, etc.

No comments: