Wednesday, December 26

Godwin Marketing

Yes, Will Smith was horribly misquoted. And, yes, he has a valid opinion that I agree with.

http://www.digitaljournal.mobi/article/247933/OP_ED_Will_Smith_Suffers_The_Aftermath_Of_A_Reporters_Poison_Pen


But come on, Will: WHY DOES PROMOTING YOUR NEW MOVIE INVOLVE YOU TALKING ABOUT HILTER!?

They should send him back to Publicity 101:

PUBLICIST: So basically, one of the big rules is that you probably shouldn't mention Hitler.

WILL SMITH: Ha ha, got it. Don't mention Hitler unless you're making a point about moral relativism.

PUBLICIST: Actually, uh...yeah. We prefer you just don't talk about Hitler at all.

WILL SMITH: Not even if I'm trying to make a point about the seductions of evil, and how the road to hell is paved with good intentions?

PUBLICIST: Don't get me wrong...I hear ya. I really do. It's just that Hitler is sort of a big topic, and people tend to get a bit touchy.

WILL SMITH: But I'm not DEFENDING Hitler, I'm just...

PUBLICIST: Believe me, I know! But still...there's a time and a place for everything. And promoting a movie about vampire cancer patients probably isn't it.

WILL SMITH: Huh. Well...huh. Does this mean I also can't talk about how I think that Americans with low I.Q.s should be put on reservations?

No comments: