Wednesday, December 19

Important Consumer News

So there's a new flavor of Icee out in the world, Dr Pepper. I finally found a place that was selling it last night, and promptly bought a large.

On first sip, my first thought was "This doesn't taste anything like Dr. Pepper." That's not necessarily a bad thing...Coca-Cola Icee is my favorite drink in the entire world--so much so that it will wash down the Cinnamon Life, Fried Potato Cakes, and Philly Cheese Steak I'll be served my last night on Death Row--but I'll admit that the taste is only approximate to cold flat Coca Cola.

On my second sip, I thought "This doesn't even taste like Dr. Pepper chewing gum!"

Then, on the third sip, I realized that it actually tasted really terrible. I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly it was, but it wasn't anything I wanted to drink a slushy frozen version of.

I took another sip, determined to identify the awful taste. And then another and another. It was, if you'll pardon the pun, right on the tip of my tongue.

Finally, on my ninth tenative sip, I nailed it: Dr. Pepper Icee tastes like banana Now & Laters!

Yuck! OMG, what is *wrong* with the Icee people!? There are a million theories about what Dr. Pepper's secret ingredient is--from black cherry to hazelnut--but BANANA!?

I promptly found a trash can and put it out of my life forever. I'd had so little of it, the Icee was still up in the plastic dome.

Seriously, you guys, it's super-gross.

No comments: