Friday, January 4

Never Take Career Advice From A Professional Wrestler

I just changed the site's tag line...the previous one, Oh Mother Dear We're Not The Fortunate Ones was of course a quote from Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," which I had always found weirdly resonating.

While Googling the lyrics to the song to make sure I had the line just right, I discovered this Lauper bumper sticker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cyndi-Lauper-Fan-Bumper-Sticker_W0QQitemZ120199290751QQcmdZViewItem

"The cool thing about these stickers is that they are a private statement between you and another fan. Anyone that is not a fan simply has no clue what it stands for."

I like the idea of Cyndi Lauper fans being a silent cabal, making their presence known to each other through obscure symbols that function like the ichthys or Tristero's muted post-horn.

No comments: